Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dont let your life waste away....

"I choose to live my life and walk to that garden and to travel the world and not die at the age of 26 because... I don't want to." Clare Oliver

Im sorry to say that Clare Oliver died today. She died from Melanoma. I dont know why I am crying, its not like I knew her. But I saw her on 60 minutes, and the quote above that she said just struck home. I could just see me in her shoes, absolutely shattered that the things that I always thought I would acomplish in my life, that I thought I had all the time in the world to do, that I have just put off and put off, just wake up one day and find out that I will never be able to do that.

I dont want to say that I feel sorry for her, but I feel a real connection with her. I am sorry that she died though, I am sorry that she will never get to do the things she always thought she would be able to do. I am sorry for her family, and for a life that will never be lived.

Its such a tragedy.

I think we should all think about our lives, and strive to do the things we always wanted to do, but were just do lazy to do it.

You touched the hearts of many, and your death will not be in vain, as you did not want it to be.

Love you all

Lilly
xoxox


No comments: